Thursday, July 28, 2011

Real Music

   It's pretty easy nowadays to get caught up in music that's easy to get to, easy to listen to, and doesn't require much thought. I'm all for radio music, don't get me wrong, I definitely can enjoy the four on the floor, over-produced, definitely-going-to-be-a-hit songs, but sometimes they just get...annoying. One can only hear about putting their hands in the air so many times before it just gets a bit stale. So the other day when I listened to a great NPR report titled How Much Does It Cost To Make A Hit Song, it got me thinking. The report talks about the creation of Rihanna's Man Down and tallies up the cost of production to about a quarter of a million dollars for one song that didn't do very well this summer.
   Yesterday I sat around for a while looking for some interesting music. And I think I found a song that could break the funk of boring, million dollar flops lately. The song comes from Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds and contains a ton of noise, quirky music, and interesting video, and great lyrics. It's refreshing. The song is called The Death of You and Me and I'd recommend a listen and watch of the video below:

p.s. I know it's been a bit since my last update, but with job hunting, graduation, and moving around a blogger can only do so much! Expect frequent updates soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment