Saturday, February 19, 2011

Kanye's New Video

   Alright, I'm going to give you a suggestion right now: get up from where you are and shut off the lights in the room you're in. I say that because it's dark right now and I think to fully enjoy this video you need to be immersed in it. So Kanye West's new video for All of the Lights dropped the other day and I gotta say: it's something. Now I admit, I love this song - sing it on the reg with my friends whenever we turn lights on. Or do anything really, but take a watch of the video and let me know what you think of it.

   Gotta admit, I'm not very impressed. And I don't usually not like things, but I'm not very big on this. I feel like with a cast of character such as those featured in that song we could have a pretty awesome music video. Instead, we get a half lyric video half indie dance club color slam. Not that that's a bad thing, it's a pretty neat video, the parts that are video, but editing out the middle of the song robs the song of a lot of it's charm, and using words to substitute content for an artist of Kanye's fame kind of just sucks. Let's leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment