Monday, September 7, 2009

The Dodos: An Intersting Avenue of Folk


My homework assignment was to check out the band The Dodos. Homework for a blog? Thanks a lot Jack. But this was a great band. I looked up these guys online and several sites described them as psychedelic folk. (WTF is that?) But after listening to them for a while, it really seemed to describe them well. You'll hear throughout their new album, Time to Die, the chimes of a Keaton Snyder playing vibraphone. Their repetitive and syncopated drumming and the interesting instrumentation (xylophones, vibraphones, and the occasional toy piano) give folk another new direction to explore. I'll leave you with Fables, off the aforementioned album, Time to Die. Let us know what you think. (Personally it reminds me of The Shins, but if you disagree tell me off!)

The Dodos - Fables
Found at bee mp3 search engine

No comments:

Post a Comment