Monday, July 13, 2009

Greatest bands + Greatest city = Pitchfork Music Festival in Chicago

All of you know that Jack and I love indie music. Only some of you may know that I am from the great state of Illinois (I! L! I! I! N! I!). In the spirit of awesomeness that imbues Illinois, Chicago is hosting the pitchfork music festival.



I will be there on Saturday and will be sharing all kinds of great pictures and hopefully great insights after the show. I am still looking up a lot of the bands for the day before I go, and will definitely share what I find. I am really excited right now about two bands in particular: Beirut and *drum roll* Matt and Kim!!! Please don't stop reading Attempts at Hip guys if videos of me dancing like a fool to Daylight or Yea Yea Yea surface on youtube. We have Matt and Kim songs in earlier posts, so I leave you with Elephant Gun by Beirut.

Beirut - Elephant Gun
Found at bee mp3 search engine


Final note. I am distractedly watching the Daily Show right now, and John Stewart showed the NY times story that Palin signed a baby. Really Palin? I bet if we popped her inflated ego, we could power wind farms across the world for weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment