Saturday, August 28, 2010

Dance Party, Pants Party

Halfway through the weekend. Time for an update (I don't know what being halfway through the weekend has to do with anything...I just write when I get bored or find some new music that I like). We'll start off with a little Bruno Mars; I've already explained that I like his sound and can't wait for his album, Doo-Wops & Hooligans (AWESOME name!) to come out on October 5th. His new single, Just the Way You Are isn't exactly "Dance Party, Pants Party" type music, but to all the guys out there....it'll get you laid. Don't believe me? Try it. Prove me wrong.

On to some more upbeat stuff; unless you actually believe that the world is going to end in 2012. If this includes you, you may be better off skipping this song. Jay Sean ft. Nicki Minaj. I have always been a little iffy on Nicki Minaj's voice, but there's no doubt that her lyrics are some of the best/most original out right now. This should have been the theme song to the movie 2012...although somehow, I don't think it would fit in.

While we're talking about Nicki Minaj, we'll throw in a little more from her. At first, I didn't think I liked this song, but it's definitely grown on me. Bottoms Up by Trey Songz and Nicki Minaj. It's starting to seem like Nicki Minaj just likes to be featured on other peoples songs instead of doing her own stuff (I know, she has some of her own songs out...but they aren't too great).

Unless you went to Warped Tour this year, you probably haven't heard much of the band Hey Monday. The West Palm, Florida based band kinda has a Kelly Clarkson sound...but better. I think I heard I Don't Wanna Dance on the radio recently, so I've decided to pass it on to you. Enjoy.

Finally, since we like to pretend that everyone loves Katy Perry as much as we do, I'm gonna stick another song from her on here. It's actually appropriate for today...Last Friday Night(TGIF). What happened to you last Friday night?

No comments:

Post a Comment