Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Stroll Your Own Memory Lane

   This is insanity. The Arcade Fire have really been on their grind since releasing this new album, and their latest music video venture blows my mind, as well as a ton of other people. I've read some say this will be the "future" of music videos - possibly - but I saw it's a super interesting adventure with this new HTML5 which I don't understand yet. If you know what HTML is, it's the underpinnings of websites. Well, I think HMTL5 allows for interactive, or like slideshow-ish websites. I dunno, I'll investigate. Ask me if you're interested. 
   Anyway, The Arcade Fire's new video/website mashes up your childhood home and their song We Used to Wait. It's pretty incredible - go here: http://www.thewildernessdowntown.com/ and enter your address (I entered my University). They recommend you use Google Chrome and so do I. I tried it on Firefox and it got pretty heavy, worked great of GC. Check this out - and let me know you're opinion in the comments!!

No comments:

Post a Comment