Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Update Time

     Well hello everyone! Firstly, I'd like to say welcome to our newest writer, Mike. Mike's moving out to Seattle pretty soon, so we'll be sure to be getting complete country coverage..not bad right? Anyway, I've been busy, busy moving into my new place and painting it bright yellow so I haven't paid total attention to AAH, but I have been listening to a ton of music while doing all the work in here so I guess I'll post of some of the songs.

     The first band is maybe a little bit more 'mainstream' than we usually talk about, but then again, you may not have ever heard them. I keep hearing people say that New Orleans based MUTEMATH is going to be the next big thing, or that they're going to blow up soon..and it never seems to come true(it seems). Which is weird, because these guys rock so hard. MUTEMATH's song Typical dropped with an awesome video in 2007 on Youtube that caused a lot of 'How'd that happen!?' (check out that link). MUTEMATH's newer release, Spotlight, also has a pretty neat video. It was filmed in a moving van all in one take and took twelve minutes of constant driving and filming to create. Low budget and awesome. Spotlight was the feature track for that movie..ya know, the one all about teen age vampires..or something like that..Twilight. Ugh. Anyway I know this isn't a totally revolutionary post, but these guys deserve it. Check out this video.

     The next guy is someone you may have heard before in a different band. The singer from Interpol, Paul Banks, has recorded a solo album under the name Julian Plenti. It's definitely a little bit 'edgier' than some of the Interpol sound. I think I like it. His Album Skyscraper dropped on the 4th of August. Go pick it up would ya?

     Lastly I leave you with Friendly Fire's single, Paris which is a song I just enjoy and hopefully you will too.

Julian Plenti - Fun That We Have (Directly Linked from Matablog)
Friendly Fires - Paris

(P.S. I'm not going to say much but we may have an exclusive with an AWESOME band coming up. Look forward to it)

No comments:

Post a Comment