Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Not about pickles or babies

Well hello again. I got some pretty good feedback from my first post last week and it got me really excited to get back on here and throw some more music in your face. Let me start off with a disclaimer to my last post; I put up the video for Travie McCoy's Billionaire and talked about the album a little bit. Well, in the time since then, I've had a chance to listen to the whole thing, with slightly disappointing results. While I'm not saying that it's anything bad, it's just not exactly what I was expecting out of him. There are a few hits on there however that I'm sure you'll hear coming on the radio in the future, and it is definitely still worth a listen.

On to bigger and better things. Flo Rida (God, I love/hate that name...I can't decide) has recently come out with a song that will probably end up being as popular as Applebottom Jeans was a few years ago. Teaming up with David Guetta, the guy who hopped on with Akon to do Sexy Chick, he made this catchy song.



Next, I don't think that One Republic is really anyone's favorite band, but they tend to pop out a hit every now and then that makes people pay attention to them for a while. Off the most recent album, Waking Up, Secrets is the second single that has made it big. It has the typical One Republic feel; slow string instruments in the start, with a really catchy chorus. All-in-all, a pretty good song...although the video makes no sense.


I'm SUPERRRRR excited about this next song. This girl has QUICKLY begun battling Taylor Swift to be my future wife. Essentially the female Adam Young (Owl City), Valerie Poxleitner makes up the electronica band Lights...in fact, she legally changed her name to Lights. I heard the song Savior in the car today and automatically fell in love with her voice. Then I get home and look up the video...AND SHE'S SMOKING HOTTTTTT!!!!!! I'm going to marry this girl.


I'll leave you on that note...I will be looking up more from her in the very near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment